Partners Investing in Nursing's Future is a partnership of the Northwest Health Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation supporting local foundations to invest in nursing workforce solutions. Partners Investing in Nursing's Future is helping local and regional philanthropies develop solutions to the nursing workforce shortage. In Oklahoma, PIN grants were awarded to the Oklahoma Hospital Education and Research Foundation Trust, in combination with additional funding from local partners.
Local support strategies have been
developed to provide:
- Scholarships to nurse educators to receive their master’s of science in nursing education;
- Leadership & management courses for delivery to nurses in three rural regions of Oklahoma via distance education (see map); and
- Develop a series of leadership & management courses for online access and self-paced
learning in three rural regions of Oklahoma.
Our goals are to:
- Increase the number of masters prepared nurse educators;
- Improve nurse educator self-assessed
competencies, based on
the National League of Nursing
(NLN) CNE criteria leadership &
- Increase retention of staff nurses & nurse leaders; and
- Enhance nurse leader & employer